We Respect Your Privacy
Beerfest No 1 Pty Ltd and Beerfestivals Pty Ltd (From this point will be referred to as Beerfest Australia) operate the beerfestivals.com.au website and the official Beerfestau app.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our beerfestivals.com.au website & Beerfestau app and the choices you have associated with that data.
“Personal Data” – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
“Usage Data” – Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
“Cookies” – Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
”Data Processors (or Service Providers)” – Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
“Data Subject (or User)” – Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Use of Data
Beerfest Australia uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To monitor the usage and improve our websites, app and social media sites
- To notify you about changes to our events and services
- To allow you to participate in new and interactive features to provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our events and communication
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about our events or event partners about that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
Beerfest Australia will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our webistes, Apps and social media sites, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Beerfest Australia may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Beerfest Australia may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Beerfest Australia
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services
- To protect the personal safety of users of or websites, app or social media sites
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
Data quality and security
We have taken steps to help ensure your personal information is safe. However we cannot guarantee 100% the security of all transmissions or personal information, especially where the Internet is involved. Notwithstanding the above, we will take reasonable steps to:-
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for its purpose of collection.
However, the accuracy of personal information depends largely on the information you provide to us, so we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information (such as your name or address).
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Beerfest Australia aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Beerfest Australia relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the websites, App and social media sites on our behalf or assist us in analysing how our webistes, App or social media sites are used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse our services.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our websites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.